A refreshment that can quench your thirst especially during hot sunny days. Made with brown sugar and crushed ice and mix with Jelly or tapioca to add some bite to it. Kids and kids at heart find this sweet refreshment oh so irresistible.
- 4 cups water
- 2 cups ice, shaved or cubed
- 1/2 cup tapioca or sago, boiled
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp vanilla flavoring
Boil the 4 cups water in a sauce pan then add the brown sugar and vanilla flavoring.
- Mix well until sugar is dissolve and simmer for about 5-8 minutes.
- Set aside and allow to cool.
- Assemble the Samalamig! drink by getting 2 nice tall glass tumbler and put a couple of spoonful of the sago in the bottom of the glass.
- Add the shaved/cubed ice and pour the syrup until the glass is fill up to the brim.
- Put some straw and serve!