Gnocchi cavatielli is a hand made pasta of flour and semola. This time we’ll prepare the dough with pumpkins! The name “cavatielli” comes from the fact they are hollow inside, with the form of a snail shell. It is a satisfactory dish to prepare with your own hands!
Pumpkin cavatelli(gnocchi) with ground meat
- Pumpkin (cleaned and ready to use): 250 gr.
- Semola: 250 gr.
- Flour: 250 gr.
- Ground meat: 300 gr.
- 1 Onion
- 1 Carrot
- 1 Cellary
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil: 10 cl
- 1 fist of salt
- Cut the pumpkin in cubic pieces then put the cubes into a pot with a little of water (3 cl).
- The pumpkin will release water: cook for 15 minutes, medium heat, then uncover the pot and cook until the water dries.
- Prepare on the table a “fountain” of mixed semola and flour.
- A “fountain” is a little mount with a cave in the middle, similar to a volcano.
- Take out the pumpkin and put it on the table.
- 1.Mix the pumpkin cubes and squash them.
- 2.Take the pumpkin in the center of the fountain.
- 3.Mix the pumpkin with the flour and the semola until you create a BALL of pasta.
- 4.Stretch the ball to form a line.
- 5. From the line take little pieces with the hand: you must push your finger under every piece to make a snail-shell form.
- You should make each “gnocco cavatiello” diameter of 2cm.
- Cooking pasta and sauce:
- In one pot add two fingers of extra virgin olive oil (10 cl) and take it to boil temperature with medium heat.
- Prepare the carrot and the celery in very little pieces.
- Cut the onion in fine pieces, set it in the boiling pot to golden; add in the celery, the carrot and all the meat, cover the pot.
- You can salt the meat a little, choose you how much.
- The meat will release water: cook for 15 minutes then uncover the pot and cook until the water dries; add a little touch of white wine, you choose how much, then finish to dry the meat sauce.
- Fill a large pot with lightly salted water and bring to a rolling boil over high heat.
- Once the water is boiling, stir in the Cavatielli, and return to a boil.
- Cook the pasta for 15 minutes. Drain well.
- Serve the pasta in dishes with ground meat sauce on it, blend as you wish.
- Have a good lunch!