Pomfret fry is one type of fry fish in Bengali style. This dish originates from the east of India. This is a very spicy side dish that can be taken with rice or Indian bread. Promfret fry is very easy to prepare if you have the required ingredients at home. The main ingredients required to make this fish fry are Pomfret fish, ginger, garlic, onion, red chili, turmeric, cumin seeds, coriander seeds, salt and sugar.
To make Pomfret fry, make slits in the Pomfret fish. Make a paste of onion, ginger and garlic. Coat the Pomfret fish with the paste of onion, ginger, garlic, turmeric, red chili powder, dry coriander and cumin powder, sugar and salt. Deep fry the Pomfret fish. Marinate the fish for 30 minutes. You can use sunflower or mustard oil to make the fish try. To make the dry paste, roast the cumin seeds and coriander seeds in low heat. Then grind the spices.
- 4 Pomfret fry
- 2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoon ginger, garlic and onion paste
- 2 tablespoon dry cumin seeds and coriander seeds paste
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder
- 10 tablespoon sunflower oil
- Silt the Pomfret fish
- Make a paste of ginger, garlic and onion
- Make a dry paste of cumin seeds and coriander seeds
- Cover the Pomfret fish with onion, ginger and garlic paste, dry paste of cumin seeds and coriander seeds, red chili powder, salt and sugar
- Marinate for 30 minutes
- Deep fry Pomfret fish
- Serve immediately