Kala Chana Masala recipe is probably one of the best Kala Chana Masala recipe in the world. Try this wonderful recipe and get the real taste.
This is the most famous recipe of Konkan people. They mainly prepare Kala Chana on the festive days.
Kala Chana or black chick peas is widely used in India and the combination of chick peas and Indian spices makes a perfect Kala Chana.
This is simple and healthy dish full of great proteins.
Kala Chana Masala- Maharashtrian style
- kalachana (black chick peas) – 2 cups
- Mustard seeds-1/4 tsp
- Ginger paste – 1tbsp
- Green chili paste- 1 tbsp
- A pinch of asafetida
- Tumeric powder -1/2tsp
- Curry leaves – 6
- Sesame seeds- 3 tbsp
- Dry coconut powder -1 /4 cup
- Chopped cilantro – 3 tbsp
- Oil -2 tsp
- Salt to taste
Soak the kalachana over night or for about 6 to 7 hours.
- Boil the kalachana in pressure cooker.
- Remove all the water from kalachana and keep it dry.
- Place the pan on medium flame and add oil.
- When oil heats up, add mustard seeds, asafetida, turmeric powder, sesame seeds and curry leaves.
- Fry it for a minute.
- Add ginger paste and green chili paste. Stir well.
- Add boiled kalachana and Stir and cook for a minute.
- Sprinkle chopped cilantro and mix well.
- Kala chana stir fry is ready to serve.