Grilling food is one way to cut down the fat in your diet. You cook the fish, meat, vegetables or whatever you prefer, over char grill instead of frying it in oil. In this recipe, a fresh catch talakitok grilled to perfection brings a refreshing experience since it is not loaded with different flavorings and spices. The natural taste of the fresh meat is the key here. You just dip it in whatever sauce you prefer and viola…
Inihaw na Talakitok
- 1 piece fresh talakitok (about 250 grams weight) cleaned
- 3 pieces calamansi, juiced
- 2 medium tomato, diced
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- salt and pepper
Prepare the grill and make sure it is ready to use.
- In a bowl, combine tomatoes, onions, calamansi juice and soy sauce. Mix well and set aside.
- Season both side of the fish with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Put the fish in the grill and cook for about 8 minutes
- After 8 minutes, turn the fish over to allow the other side to cook. Also cook for 8 minutes.
- Occasionally turn the fish to the reverse side to make sure it is evenly cook inside out.
- Total grilling time of the fish will take about 20-30 minutes.
- Remove from heat and transfer in to serving platter.
- Serve it with the tomato mixture.