Goja is crispy fried snack made of flour. In Bangladesh it’s a popular name that attracts many people during country fairs. It is also a popular and attractive item with team.
Goja is mostly available in open stalls in the local fairs and also in tea stalls. However, If you want to eat fresh and healthy goja, it is advisable to make it easily at your home.
Preparation and cooking of goja is very easy. Its ingredients are also simple. If you have flour, sugar and edible oil, just follow the instruction and you can have healthy and tasty goja at home. You can store goja for a long time.
- 3 cup flour
- 1 tsp salt
- ¾ cup water
- 2 cup oil
- 2 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
Add salt with flour.
- Add water with flour.
- Knead well to form dough.
- Knead the dough well to make it smooth.
- Divide it into 3 balls.
- Roll out each ball into ½ inch thickness.
- Cut it into finger size.
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Fry it until brown.
- Drain out extra oil with paper towel.
- Keep it for cool.
- In the meantime boil sugar with one cup of water and make syrup.
- When syrup become thick check by putting a drop of syrup in a bowl of cold water, if it doesn’t dissolve and immediately comes on the surface the syrup is ready.
- Put all fried goja into the syrup.
- Stir it very quickly so that syrup will coat evenly over all goja.
- Let it cool down.
- Spread it in a greased plate.
- Preserve it in airtight container for long time.