Author: Pia Albrechtsen
PLEASE PAY ATTENTION
Eggplant contains profound iron especially the skin part. Fried tomato with eggplant is a common dish in Chinese family but a recipe of high nutrition.
Fried Tomato with Eggplant
- 2 eggplants
- 2 tomatoes
- 2 chives
- 1/4 ginger
- 2 cloves of garlic
- Sichuan pepper
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Sugar
- Corn starch (mixed with water)
Wash eggplants and tomatoes.
- Cut eggplants into cubes. Preserve with salt in a bowl.
- Cut tomatoes into cubes as well.
- Mince garlic, ginger and chives.
- Heat oil in the pan to 60%. Fry Sichuan pepper.
- Add eggplant cubes in and stir-fry until they become soft. Scoop eggplant cubes out for later use.
- Heat oil in the pan and fry ginger and chives. When smells, add tomato cubes in and stir-fry until the oil turns into red.
- Add fried eggplant cubes and stir-fry with tomato cubes.
- Add 1/2 tsp sugar and salt for flavor.
- Keep fry until the eggplant smells. Add corn starch mixture in. Scatter garlic mince above it.
- Serve with rice.