Double-cooked Pork Belly with Peppers, aka Aoguo Rou in the west of Sichuan province, is a traditional recipe in Sichuan cuisine. It is also a very popular dish in common Sichuan families.
Double-cooked Pork Belly with Peppers
- 500g Pork belly
- 2 Green peppers
- 2 Red peppers
- 4 garlic sprouts
- 2 chives
- 1 clove of Garlic
- Pixian chili bean sauce
Clean the pork belly and dry it. Slice it into pieces if not ready.
- Wash green and red peppers, empty them and cut into pieces.
- Wash garlic sprouts, cut into pieces as well.
- Wash green onion and garlic and cut into small pieces.
- Cook pork belly in a pot with boiling water for 10 minutes. Suggest add some Sichuan chili peppers in the water for better flavor before cooking the pork.
- Scoop the pork out for later use.
- Heat a little bit oil in the pan, fry green onion and garlic until it smells good.
- Add pork belly into the pan and stir-fry until the oil gets out of the meat.
- Add Pixian chili bean sauce when the meat turns into golden color.
- Add green, red peppers and garlic sprouts in the pan and stir-fry.
- Add salt and sugar for taste. Stir for 10 seconds. Then done.
- Serve with rice.