Chicken Cordon Bleu is adopted by the Filipino’s from the Americans. This is a very simple dish and easy to make. The french term Cordon Bleu means “blue ribbon”.
Chicken Cordon Bleu Filipino Style
- 1/4 butter
- 6 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 12 slices cooked or sweetened ham
- 6 slices cheddar or quickmelt cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- ground black pepper
- cooking oil
Beat eggs in a bowl, season with salt and pepper. Set aside
- Pound chicken breasts to flatten them.
- Rub chicken breasts with butter, salt and pepper.
- Top each chicken breast with cheese and ham.
- Roll the chicken breast from edge to edge, securing the edge with toothpicks.
- Dip the rolled chicken breasts in beaten eggs until all sides are coated. T
- hen, coat with bread crumbs.
- Heat cooking oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat and deep-fry the chicken breast until all sides are browned. Remove from heat.
- Then fry the remaining chicken rolls.
- Remove the toothpicks from the fried chicken roll.
- Slice according to desired slices, about 1/4 to 1/2 inch thick.
- And serve your elegantly golden fried CHICKEN CORDON BLEU.